Friday, April 17, 2009

Blessed are the available

Blessed are the conduits,
the tunnels, the tools. 
Deliriously joyful are the ones who believe
that if God has used sticks and rocks
to do His will, then He can use us.
Max Lucado

 Very often I feel totally inadequate for most anything! I often feel inadequate to make even the simplest decision. Has that ever happened to you?

Amid the bill paying, dishwashing, laundering, cleaning, preparing meals, visiting, talking with people, driving here and there, a small voice says-- "What are you doing great for God? You are just a cog going around and around the wheel." My life is very ordinary, and it sometimes seems that I am just going through the motions of life.  

Then  a friend sends me a card with the above words, and God shows me it is faithfulness in the small things which we think are unimportant in "LIFE" that God is most present! We may never know that our daily faithfulness in the dirtiest chores has affected the life of someone else, unless someone tells us.

If you are down in the dumps, take the time to remember when someone else's faithfulness in small things encouraged you-- send them a thank you letter. You may never know how much it cheers them, but God will!

Lord, help me to focus on you and others instead of on my own little corner of life.

Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
Philippians 2:4 






5 comments:

  1. Wonderful words and reminder! Often I become bogged down in my feelings of inadequacy also. I'm glad God chooses to use my anyway. It's usually the things that I think don't matter that people tell me later, made a huge difference in their life. In these things God truly gets all the glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just encouraging women through your words is acting as a tool for the Lord. Well written, I am sure there are alot of 'ordinary' women, including me, who need to hear this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post! I often feel that I am almost paralyzed by the little things, they overwhelm at times, and I wonder how I am ever to be effective in my roles as wife and mother and firstly, child of God. Thank God that he uses us no matter who we are or where we are, even though we may not always see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That's beautiful. Thanks for a great reminder for me. As a stay-at-home mom who often feels invisible, "What are you doing great for God? You are just a cog going around and around the wheel" is often a question I grapple with. Thank you for sharing. I don't remember how I found your site, but I'm glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this post. It is what I need just now :)

    ReplyDelete